Vinyl fence installation Markham, ON
When you’re looking for alternatives to wood fencing, vinyl fencing is what comes to mind. We at Markham Fence have experienced vinyl fence contractors who will do a proper vinyl fence installation that will be low maintenance and last for years (we’re talking about potentially decades) with proper care.
The popularity of vinyl fencing has increased over the past decade or so, as property owners realize the benefits of having a material that’s comparably priced with wood, but offers distinct advantages. Composite fencing is another material that marries the unique benefits of wood and vinyl. For now, let’s focus on the features of vinyl:
- Good value. For the purpose of comparing vinyl and wood, the material cost depends on quality of vinyl planks and wood species, but traditionally, vinyl costs on average more than wood, although of late lumber prices have soared higher than vinyl. For the sake of averages, let’s say material costs between vinyl and wood are similar these days. Vinyl fence installation cost is lower than that of wood due to the fewer hours needed and ease of installation.
- Excellent privacy fencing. Since the boards are tightly positioned and don’t expand or contract with extreme temperatures, vinyl fencing is reliable for privacy with very little to no visual and air flow through.
- In reference to the last point in “pros”, because there’s very little spacing between the boards, it makes the entire fencing system slightly more vulnerable to high and consistent wind conditions.
- Colour customization is somewhat limited as most vinyl boards come pre-coloured in neutral colours like white, tan, beige, brown. This may not be an issue for most property owners.
- Some people dislike the synthetic look of vinyl fencing especially in a neighbourhood full of wood fencing.
- Not eco-friendly.
It’s important to note that the quality of vinyl planks has a direct correlation with its longevity, durability, function and appearance. Believe it or not, some contractors still insist on using low grade vinyl to bring the overall vinyl installation cost down and attract potential customers. This low quality vinyl will easily degrade and is susceptible to UV and extreme temperature changes, making it susceptible to premature cracks due to brittleness. Markham Fence uses high quality vinyl fencing materials to ensure you will be able to enjoy your enclosure for decades with proper but minimal maintenance. So although Markham Fence is not at the lowest end of cost, neither are we the highest, but we’re confident we provide the best value in terms of the quality of vinyl we use and the workmanship of our experienced fence installers. The cost for the lifetime of the fence will be brought down significantly as a result. Call Markham Fence today for a free, no-obligation estimate and give us a chance to prove our customer service and meticulous workmanship. We look forward to working with you soon.